6 CPD NatHERS Technical
Online: HERO In Practice Workshop
21/09/2022 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (AEST)
In this live online and interactive workshop, renowned NatHERS trainer Matthew Graham will discuss and demonstrate the intricacies and efficiencies of Hero software.
Hero modelling on steroids... Step up your initial HERO accreditation training and learn how to power up your modelling skills for more complex projects. This interactive, live online workshop for Hero accredited Assessors will teach you all the practical tips and tricks to help lower your stress levels and carry out an assessment quickly, efficiently and accurately.
This workshop has limited numbers to maximise your learning experience, so hurry and register today.
About your Trainer
Matthew Graham is Principal of Graham Energy, a Sustainable Building Specialist and subject matter expert in the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme (NatHERS). Matthew is a highly experienced, accredited Assessor, Transformed (RTO) Teacher and NatHERS Administrator endorsed Trainer in additional NatHERS software tools. He is a Design Matters National recognised Mentor in AccuRate Sustainability, BERS Pro, FirstRate5 and Hero whilst contributing to the development of the industry as a Design Matters National (DMN) Technical Assessor Support Community (TASC) and NatHERS Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) member. Suffice to say, you are in extremely capable hands.
In this four-hour live online workshop, you will learn the intricacies of:
- Modelling a Class 1 two-storey dwelling in HERO software.
- Accurate interpretation of energy efficiency specifications and NatHERS/NCC compliance.
- Hero-specific efficient workflow practices leading to faster work and minimising the risk of error/omission of critical elements.
- Practical, time-saving shortcuts and features designed into the software to increase ease of assessments and your efficiency.
- Additionally, you will be able to interact with your Trainer, ask questions and screen share to maximise your learning outcome.
The workshop has three elements
Part 1 – You will be emailed a drawing set to model using HERO in preparation for the workshop. You will have two weeks in which to carry out the assessment.
Part 2 – Your completed assessment (.HERO software file) and the NatHERS draft certificate needs to be submitted for review by email to the Trainer at least seven (7) days before the live workshop date.
Part 3 – Attend the four-hour live workshop where the Trainer will provide bespoke training to address the issues identified.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will have:
- Advanced your knowledge and practical application of Hero software
- A sound understanding of critical elements such as;
- Zone delineation and conditioning (where do you stop and start).
- Top three quality assurance shading scheme issues.
- Window specifications and openability.
- External and internal wall area and adjacencies.
- Construction element subtleties.
Feedback from previous attendees
- Very informative session, comprehensive overview and detailed information on the software.
- This is helpful for those who are new to using HERO.
- The course was put together well and the explanations were clear. I learned a lot.
Matthew Graham is Principal of Graham Energy and an experienced subject matter expert in the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme. Matthew is a long-term accredited TPA, Trainer, TAC member and recognised Mentor in AccuRate, BERS Pro, FirstRate5 and HERO.
CPD Points: 6 Technical CPD point. This will be recorded in DMN Members' CPD Manager within 5 business days following the event.
Cancellation Policy: We know that situations sometimes arise preventing you from attending. However, DMN does incur costs in organising these events. If you find you cannot attend, cancellation fees may apply.