4 CPD Non Technical
25/03/2023 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM (AEST)
Presented by Geoff Hoare for Building Designers who are interested in confidently offering Contract Administration as an add-on service. Learn to manage and administer standard form building contracts. Develop administrative and reporting system to manage a building contract on behalf of a client.
The Contract Administration workshop assist building designers to develop the knowledge and skills to:
- Manage and administer standard form building contracts; and
- Develop administrative and reporting system to manage a building contract on behalf of a client; and
- Enable participants to confidently offer Contract Administration as another service within their practice.
The workshop also introduces participants to:
- The principles of selecting, advising and administering a standard for a building contract for residential and commercial building projects;
- Examine those contracts and identify the benefits and/or disadvantages of the various contract suites
- Examine the Design Matters National standard form contracts, the appendixes and various forms and instructions that are referenced within the contract to gain an understanding of each component.
The workshop also assists those building designers seeking registration as a building practitioner in Victoria and enables applicants who have successfully completed this course to produce a certificate and various work examples to satisfy the contract administration experience criteria required for registration as a Building Design - Architectural by the VBA.d in a slide presentation by the facilitator examining all relevant features at this level.
Geoff Hoare is a Past President and Life Member of Design Matters National. He runs Graaph Design, a successful, award-winning building design firm. Geoff served on the Building Practitioners Board for 11 years up to it being wound up in 2016, and still assists the VBA when called upon. During his BPB activities, he was involved in the audit of Building Designers, as well as inquiries involving Registered Building Practitioners, and also carried out more than 1,200 draftsperson registration assessments. He also prepared VCAT expert evidentiary reports on behalf of the BPB in defence of rejected application appeals. Geoff is a passionate advocate for ensuring all designers continually improve their professionalism, and all his presentations for the DMN have always been highly acclaimed. This is a great opportunity to learn from this very experienced and highly-respected professional.
CPD Points: 4 CPD Non Technical point. This will be recorded in DMN Members' CPD Manager within 5 business days following the event.
Cancellation Policy: We know that situations sometimes arise preventing you from attending. However, DMN does incur costs in organising these events. If you find you cannot attend, cancellation fees may apply.