6 CPD NatHERS Technical
TPA Upskill Now Masterclass
03/11/2023 | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM AEST
Upskill Now focusses on teaching participants the fundamental skills of reading and understanding what to look for on an architectural drawing set to then perform an energy assessment of that property.
It was developed in response to skills gaps identified in the Design Matters National (DMN) Quality Assurance Review process. This live, online, industry ready course is for DMN members and non-members and is appropriate for all levels of Thermal Performance Assessors (TPAs).
Ensuring best practice in NatHERS software modelling and compliance with the current NatHERS Technical Note, Software User Manuals, and relevant building codes are critical in ensuring that housing meets minimum energy efficiency provisions and emission reduction targets are met.
In this three hour, live and interactive online course, participants will refine their skills in efficiently identifying, extracting and modelling elements of a typical contemporary dwelling.
The course consists of three elements:
• Part 1 – two hour live interactive demonstration identifying, interpreting, extracting and modelling building elements to generate accurate, reliable and repeatable energy assessment reports.
• Part 2 – one hour software specific breakout rooms where software specific modelling questions are discussed and demonstrated.
• Part 3 – assessment of the Upskill Now demonstration drawing set and submit for review within seven (7) days. An 85% pass mark is required.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Confidently and quickly generate accurate NatHERS energy assessment reports and certificates
• Assess your own work to ensure accuracy and reliability
• Be prepared and pass future QA Reviews confidently
• Understand the application of the NatHERS Technical Note, relevant building code energy efficiency provisions and where to find product specification data
• Build your own reference library
3 x NatHERS Technical CPD points for participation in Part 1 and Part 2 of the course
3 x NatHERS Technical CPD points upon attaining the minimum pass of 85% on the assessment of the Upskill Now benchmarking drawing set.
Matthew Graham is Principal of Graham Energy and an experienced subject matter expert in the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme. Matthew is a long-term accredited TPA, Trainer, TAC member and recognised Mentor in AccuRate, BERS Pro, FirstRate5 and HERO.
3 x NatHERS Technical CPD points for participation in Part 1 and Part 2 of the course. These points will be recorded in the DMN CPD Manager within 5 business days following the event.
3 x NatHERS Technical CPD points upon attaining the minimum pass of 85% on the assessment of the Upskill Now benchmarking drawing set. These points will be recorded in Design Matters National Members' CPD Manager with 5 business days after achievement of 85% pass.
Cancellation Policy: We know that situations sometimes arise preventing you from attending. However, Design Matters National does incur costs in organising these events. If you find you cannot attend, cancellation fees may apply.